Thursday, October 21, 2004

My favorite Calvin and Hobbes quotations

Reality continues to ruin my life.

I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life...procrastinating and rationalizing.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

Calvin: You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes: What mood is that?
Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Why isn't my life like a situation comedy? Why don't I have a bunch of friends with nothing better to do but drop by and instigate wacky adventures? Why aren't my conversations peppered with spontaneous witticisms? Why don't my friends demonstrate heartfelt concern for my well being when I have problems?...I gotta get my life some writers.

Miss Wormwood: What state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial.

In my opinion, television validates existence.

Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.

I've got to start listening to those quiet, nagging doubts.

It's that moment of dawning comprehension I live for.

I liked things better when I didn't understand them.

*More can be found at Wikiquote

No comments: