Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Guy At Sam's

Every time I go into Sam's, there's a possibility of me running into a guy I used to know. But whenever we (either he or I) make eye contact, I froze. He froze. I think that we both suspect that we know each other and remember each other from class, but there's a trepidation in our movements. We both stop then stare then walk by each other. It's a routine we both do.

It didn't use to be this way. A while after class ended and the semester ended, I saw him working at Sam's and it was, "Hey, how are you! I didn't know you work here? How's it going? Yea, still studying." It's been a while since either of us said hi to each other. Now it's awkward silence followed by "should I say something?" dilemma in my mind.

It's sort of a childish tug-of-war of who will be the first to break the silence. Next time I say. Next time I'll step up and take the first step. Next time...

No comments: